A varicocele is a scrotal abnormality defined by elongated, dilated and tortuous veins that drain the testicle.Varicocele is found in approximately 15% of the general population, 35% of men with primary infertility and in 75-81% of men with secondary infertility. It is more common on the left side.
40% of infertile men have varicoceles. And around 50% of total infertility cases are male-related, with varicoceles as the most reported cause of male infertility.
Although most men with varicoceles are able to father children, there is abundant evidence that varicoceles are detrimental to male fertility. A study by the World Health Organization (WHO) on over 9,000 men showed that varicoceles are commonly accompanied by decreased testicular volume, impaired sperm quality, and a decline in Leydig cell function.
The majority of men with varicoceles remain fertile and asymptomatic. Therefore, treatment of all varicoceles is clearly unnecessary. The authors advocate surgical correction of clinically detectable varicoceles associated with abnormal semen parameters in an infertile couple following appropriate evaluation of the female partner. This includes men with azoospermia and very severe oligospermia.
However only 30% of patients who undergo surgery experience an improved sperm count. In other words, in the remaining 70% of men who have the surgery there is no improvement in their sperm count. Your doctor cannot predict whether your sperm count will improve after the surgery. Like you, he can only wait and see! A successful conception does not depend on high sperm counts alone. Only 15% of men who undergo varicocele surgery successfully father a child.
COMPLICATIONS OF SURGICAL VARICOCELE REPAIR
Hydrocele formation is the most common complication reported after non-microsurgical varicocelectomy, with an average incidence of about 7%36 Hydroceles form secondary to ligation of the testicular lymphatics. At least half of all post-varicocelectomy hydroceles grow to a size that produces sufficient discomfort to warrant surgical hydrocelectomy. The effect of hydrocele function on spermatogenesis and fertility is unknown.
Testicular artery ligation is also a common complication of non-microsurgical varicocelectomy .Injury or ligation of the testicular artery may cause testicular atrophy, impaired spermatogenesis, or both. Animal studies indicate that testicular atrophy occurs anywhere from 20% to 100% of the time following testicular artery ligation.
VARICOCELE TREATMENT THROUGH HOMEOPATHY
A better, safer and cheaper natural varicocele treatment are a healthy diet, balanced lifestyle,supplemental nutrition and a customised Homeopathic treatment. Your goal is to improve the blood circulation, strengthen the walls of your veins and cleanse the reproductive system.
Try to eat a balanced diet with lots of fresh fruit and vegetables. Start eating whole grains, foods that contain essential fatty acids, some wild fish and nuts. Drink a minimum of eight glasses of purified water a day. Opt for organic foods over processed foods. Avoid intake of junk food, trans fats, caffeine and alcoholic beverages.
Minimize your intake of animal products and favor vegetarian sources of protein. A diet rich in vitamin C and bioflavonoids strengthens the walls of your blood vessels and prevents plaque formation that can clog your blood vessels.
If you are facing a problem of varicocele and the associated infertility, the homeopathy fertility treatment protocol for varicocele has proved to be immensely effective for the last 12 years in helping males overcome varicocele and help their wife to conceive naturally and at the earliest without the need for surgery for varicocele.
You can visit here to know about our treatment program.
Is Surgery of Varicocele Necessary for Infertility treatment ?